The WHU Online MBA
What’s clear is that many of these developments are here to stay because they work well. When online courses work well it is because they have been designed from the ground up with the learner in mind, and are not simply an online adaptation of a program intended to be taught in person.
Flexibility, too, is a key benefit of studying online – and one that is particularly important when it comes to business degrees. Not everyone can commit to taking one or two years away from their job to study for a master’s or an MBA, so the option of studying when, where and how you like is more popular than ever for prospective MBA students.
Under the backdrop of this global shift towards remote working, WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management has just launched a Global Online MBA to meet the needs of the modern day MBA candidate. It looks likely to be one of the best online MBAs on the market.
Key Features of the WHU Global Online MBA
- Study a program optimised for online study thanks to innovative teaching methodologies such as (project) group work, case studies, simulations and lectures
- Receive the same triple-accredited qualification as the traditional WHU MBA from one of Germany’s top-ranked business schools
- Benefit from unmatched access to knowledge and idea exchange with WHU’s global alumni network of 4,500 in 65 countries
- Achieve your career goals thanks to WHU’s top-ranked career services, who will be on hand every step of your MBA journey with bespoke advice and guidance
- Go at your own pace by completing the program in 18 or 36 months, or even complete core modules individually over the course of five years
Without accommodation costs, visas and a full-time commitment to the course, the best online MBAs can be more accessible than the traditional presencial MBA. It means that you will be joining peers from all over the world and from various backgrounds in live interactive classes and asynchronous sessions led by an international faculty of business experts.
Rebecca Winkelmann, WHU Global Online MBA Program Director, believes that experience in designing online learning experiences and a thorough overview of timings during online classes are two crucial characteristics of any successful online course.
“What may work in a classroom will likely require stricter time management online. Both aspects come down to a more detailed script of what happens when, which methodology is being used, and when to create interaction between faculty and students as well as among students themselves.”
The WHU Global Online MBA places a particular focus on personal growth and leadership development, using leadership lectures and one-on-one coaching to teach you the fundamentals of both leading and being led. Meanwhile, the opportunity to improve your communication skills in an online setting is especially valuable in this post-COVID world of Zoom meetings and remote working.
Although the course is online, you will also have the opportunity to meet your coursemates in-person by attending the five day mid-term challenge at WHU’s Düsseldorf campus in Germany. Optional modules can be studied abroad to further broaden your global perspective in one of the best online MBAs out there.